I paraphrased on this one. There are many different versions of this saying. I am not even sure who said this first. But I love it. Because it is so true.
It’s easy to be lazy when it comes life. We can get into the habit of making things easy on ourselves, being lazy. Even when we train in martial arts. I have seen it many times. Especially senior students. They fail to train and wonder why they fail the test (did I just make my own quote?)
You cant do anything with 50% effort and expect 100% results. It just doesn’t happen. You want to get better at something, give it 110%, everything you have.
Testing for black belt, practice harder. Lower that stance. Try turning that hip a little more. Instead of 20 pushups, do 50, maybe 100. You might be sore, but your body will recover. You will be stronger for it. I promise.
When I was writing this I came up with these 5 tips to inspire you. Maybe get you thinking. Check them out. I hope they help you on your path to greatness!
Here are 5 tips to keep you pumping and heading toward great things in life.
- Give everything you do 110%. Don’t stop when it gets hard. Push forward. I always say, your mind will give up long before your body does.
- Challenge yourself! You are better than you give yourself credit for. Push, push, push.
- Don’t listen to the negativity. There is always, and I mean always, someone that is going to tell you that something can’t be done. Don’t listen. It can be. It can’t be done because they won’t put the work in to get it done.
- Be sure to do something for you everyday. Do something that makes you happy. Hard work can break us down. Take time off for yourself but only after you put the effort in.
- Stop waiting/researching and go for it. Do you know how many times I have heard, “I will start taking Martial Arts when I get in better shape”. Does that ever happen, NOPE. Start now, today, don’t wait and watch another YouTube video. Go get it. You can do it. I promise.
The only way to move forward is to take action. Get to it!!
Do me a favor, please. If this helped you, inspired you, or you just want to be nice, share this with a friend. Or maybe on social media.